Hotel For Sale – Buswells Hotel
Savills UK are delighted to market for sale Buswells Hotel, located in Dublin 2, Ireland.
The hotel comprises several Georgian period buildings and is one of Dublin’s longest established hotels, located in the epicentre of Dublin’s business and cultural life.
- High profile city centre hotel in super prime Dublin location, now a “must have” city for hotel owners & operators
- Historic 67-bedroom hotel with strong trade in both Corporate and Leisure markets
- Extensive ground floor and basement public areas offer enormous potential
- The best location on Dublin’s best street – Molesworth St is Dublin’s version of London’s Mayfair
- Steeped in History within Dublin’s 5 Star hotel district
- Proximity to Dáil Éireann, Government Buildings, Trinity College, St. Stephen’s Green and Grafton Street
- Excellent transport – 2 minutes to Dawson Street Luas, 9 minute walk to Pearse St. DART & mainline Train Station and 1 minute to Dawson Car Park
- Rare prime hotel Development Potential (SPP) with significant scope to extend
- Unbranded with vacant possession provides a wide range of opportunities
Dublin is Ireland’s capital and most populous city. It has benefited from continuous infrastructural improvements transforming it into a vibrant and modern European city. Attracting the world’s top creative talent who aspire to work in the “tech capital” of Europe, Dublin is a young person’s city, but with a sense of history, a diverse retail offering with mountains and sea nearby.
Located on the corner of the historic Molesworth and Kildare Streets in the heart of Dublin City, Buswells Hotel enjoys a high-profile position in the most sought after area in the capital city. This super prime Dublin 2 location is in the core of the traditional Central Business District and Dublin’s 5 star hotel cluster. Located opposite the Dáil (Irish Parliament), this traditional hotel has established itself as a frequent base for members of government.
Buswells has development potential for the expansion and repositioning of the hotel (SPP).
A potential extension to the rear of the hotel is would add 1 to 3 floors and approx. 1,000 sq. m. While some of the buildings are protected structures there is potential to increase scale and add value to this property (SPP).
The site is zoned City Centre – Z5 in the Draft Dublin City Development Plan 2022-2028, which allows for hotel, office and residential use. No. 23, 24 & 27 Molesworth St. and No. 35B Kildare St. are held under long leasehold occupation.