Hotel Development Opportunity – Little Britain Street
Savills UK are pleased to present for sale a hotel development opportunity on Little Britain Street in Dublin, Ireland.
This is a superb Development Opportunity for a 195 Bedroom Hotel or 143 Bedroom Aparthotel.
- Development site with planning for a 195 bed hotel or a 143 bed aparthotel extending to approx. 0.091ha (0.22 acres)
- Excellent location 750m west of O’Connell Street and 500m west of Henry Street, Dublin’s second busiest retail location
- 5 minute walk (550m) to Jervis Street Red Line LUAS. Great connectivity to DART and mainline rail stations
- This area is one of Dublin’s major investment hotspots with largescale developments such as the Victorian Fruit Market and nearby hotels
- Vibrant surroundings with numerous bars, restaurants, cafés & event venues
- Hotels in and coming to the immediate area include the Staycity, Hampton by Hilton, Maldron Smithfield, Motel One, easyHotel and the RUBY
The Proposed Hotel or Aparthotel
- There are two planning consents for the site, one for a 195 key hotel (Ref. 2370/19) and one for a 143 key aparthotel (Ref. 3520/21)
- An additional floor might also be approved, increasing room count by 23 or 32 bedrooms
- This aparthotel is designed as a promising design led flex-stay concept
- The site is zoned “Z5 – City Centre” under the Dublin City Development Plan 2022-2028. Permissible uses include Residential, Hotel, Offices and Student Accommodation
- Spacious accommodation extending to 6,032 sq. m.
- Bedrooms range in size from 16 sq. m. to 27 sq. m. with the average room size at 17 sq. m. (195 keys) or 22 sq. m. (143 keys)
Little Britain Street and the surrounding area is an up-and coming, young and vibrant part of Dublin city. The adjoining Capel Street was recently named as one of the coolest streets in the world by Time Out magazine and is home to Dublin’s most unique collection of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Another area of interest in the vicinity is the Victorian fruit and vegetable market, which is set to undergo major conservation and redevelopment works. When these are completed, it is hoped that the market will rival the English Market in Cork or Belfast’s St. George’s Market. The Four Courts, Ireland’s most prominent court building, is also located 500m to the south of Little Britain Street. Many of Dublin City’s most popular attractions are also within a short walking distance of this property. It is a proven hotel location with further potential considering the leisure redevelopment in the immediate area.