Hotel For Sale UK – Driftwood
Christie & Co are pleased to market for sale ‘Driftwood’, a boutique hotel located in Cornwall UK.
- Prime clifftop location with exceptional views
- Unique privately owned beach
- 14 ensuite bedrooms. Staff Accommodation
- Restaurant and bar seating 36
- Detached three bedroom bungalow
- Significant opportunity for a new owner
- Plans prepared to develop into a luxury spa hotel. EPC rating D
Driftwood is a true coastal retreat; a beautiful seaside boutique hotel in Cornwall perched on the South West Coastal Path overlooking the turquoise waters of Gerrans Bay and the hotel’s own privately owned sandy beach.
The hotel enjoys all of the benefits of a secluded yet easily accessible location, with the desirable villages of St Mawes and Portscatho close by. The county city of Truro is easily accessible by car to the North and Falmouth is just a short passenger ferry journey across the estuary.
Driftwood has received numerous awards and has an excellent five-star rating on TripAdvisor. The hotel’s ethos is relaxation and informality, with the décor and ambiance creating a home from home feel which keeps guests returning year on year.
The restaurant is incredibly popular with both residents and non-residents who come for outstanding food in a relaxed atmosphere. The food is produced by a talented team of award-winning chef’s who create a regularly changing seasonal menu. The restaurant is open for light lunches three days a week, afternoon tea and evening dinner daily. The hotel does not often host events or functions, leaving a business opportunity for a new owner to develop.
Rooms with a View
All but one of the hotel’s fourteen bedrooms offer impressive sea views and a number include private outdoor decked areas. All rooms are double size or larger and three offer the option of being used as a family bedroom.
- External Terrace – A wrap around decked terrace providing seating for alfresco dining and drinks for up to 20 guests.
- Car Park – Gravelled car park, space for 20 vehicles. The car park could be easily extended if required.
- Grounds – The hotel includes a circa 5.5 acre site with the majority of the grounds current laid to grass. Please note this measurement includes areas of the cliff and beach. Please also note that a small section of the current site and an old hut is being retained by our client, please see the site plan for the land included in the sale.
- Porthbean Beach – a stunning sandy and secluded beach owned by the Driftwood Hotel. The beach is just a short walk from the hotel via a cliff path. Please note there is a public right of access across the beach for the South West Coastal Path.
- Overall the business has been hugely successful with turnover being maintained at a high level. Our clients are now looking to sell in order to retire. The hotel could either suit an operator who wants to continue on the business’ current trajectory, operating as a boutique hotel with high quality restaurant, or they may look to take advantage of the location and reputation by developing and enlarging the existing hotel facilities.
- Trading information is available in the dataroom following the signature of an NDA.
- Driftwood presents a unique and significant opportunity to develop and create a new luxury coastal hotel in one of the most stunning parts of Cornwall. Although the existing business is successful in its own right, our client has identified the significant upside that could be created by addressing some of the buildings shortcomings and improving the guest facilities and bedroom numbers. With the right plan a new owner could create one of the best hotels in Cornwall.
- Two exciting schemes have been devised for the hotel which cover off increasing the accommodation stock to between 34 and 50 letting units, creating significantly improved leisure facilities and improving the overall site. Detailed plans, a full pre-app and financials have been prepared to support the viability of the scheme, full details of which are available in the dataroom.