Hotel For Sale
Christies UK are offering for sale the Durley Dean Hotel situated in Bournemouth, England.
• 112 ensuite guest bedrooms attracting a mixture of leisure, weddings and conference business
• Excellent access via the M27/A31 on the principal traffic route to the South West
• 2022/23: Revenue £3,334m – EBITDA £510k
• 2022/23: ARR: £75.4 – Occupancy: 68% – RevPAR: £51.62
• Restaurant 160 covers with Bar/lounge 45
• Extensive facilities including five function suites for conferences, weddings and events with the largest capacity of 150 theatre style
• 28 car parking spaces
• Spa including heated indoor pool, 2 treatment rooms, and cardio gym
• Significant potential to develop corporate income through conferences and functions
• Full refurbishment over the last 6 years comprising in excess of £1.1m committed prior to Covid -19 with a further £200,000
• Air conditioning installed to all bedrooms since 2018
• Will appeal to established hotel owners and operators seeking a highly profitable iconic destination business
The Property is located in Bournemouth, a resort town on the south coast of England with a population of c183,000, and is adjacent to Poole in Dorset. This is a popular and accessible location, in close proximity to the New Forest. Bournemouth is accessed off the A31 trunk route via the M27 and is served by a mainline rail services directly from London Waterloo.
The Property is located on Bournemouth’s West Cliff, approximately half a mile west of the town centre. The property is set on West Cliff Road and is bounded by both West Cliff Gardens and Durley Gardens. The surrounding area is in a mix of residential and hospitality uses.
The Durley Dean Hotel was constructed around the turn of the 19th Century as a number of terraced self-contained hotels and houses which over time have been amalgamated into a single hotel.
The hotel comprises a mixture of three and four storey brick-built buildings with a basement level and rooms constructed in the roof space. The main entrance to the hotel is flanked by two rendered bays with a glazed sloping porch accessed by a small flight of stairs from pavement level.
There is no car parking to the front of the property, although taxis can stop in a layby immediately outside the entrance. At the rear of the property fronting onto Durley Gardens is the car park as well as access for the staff into the hotel. The reception is located by the entrance with access to the restaurant directly opposite.