Christie & Co has been exclusively appointed to bring to the market the renowned Robert Parker Hotel Collection of high-quality country house hotels in the UK, available as a Group or on an individual basis.
The Robert Parker Collection are magnificent heritage buildings with a rich history. The properties and the standards that the collection adhere to are underscored by tradition and traditional values. The hotels provide a balance of heritage style and contemporary comfort. A rare opportunity to acquire a group of four heritage country house hotels situated in quintessential British locations across the North of England and Scotland.
Doxford Hall Hotel and Spa – Alnwick, Northumberland – FOR SALE
A luxurious country house hotel located in the countryside of Northumberland, near the town of Alnwick. The front has pristine formal gardens with an extensive terrace. Beyond this is the yew tree maze (believed to be Europe’s largest) and a secret walled garden. The hotel attracts leisure guests typically of a mature age who appreciate its history, period interiors, fine dining, spa facilities and grounds. The tranquil location and excellent accessibility to the A1, make it an ideal base from which to explore Northumberland’s exquisite coast and countryside. Within a short drive you’ll find some of the UK’s finest beaches, iconic castles and native wildlife. The hotel has 8 dog friendly rooms which makes it an ideal stop off for families traveling further north into Scotland.
Private events and meetings contribute well to the business mix, which is enhanced by the ample free parking and good transport links. The five function suites, each providing that rare blend of period grandeur and modern facilities, offer the flexibility to cater for business conferences, gala dinners shows, yoga retreats and everything else in between. The large ballroom can accommodate up to 200 people.
The hotel offers an indoor swimming pool, aqueous spa facilities as well as a range of spa therapies. Spa days and treatments are available to residents and non-residents – the afternoon tea also generates good income with many attending post spa days and treatments.
* 33 well-appointed bedrooms and a Spa with external membership.
* 8 further excellent bedrooms located in a coach house and cottage within the grounds of the hotel.
* Excellent food and beverage facilities including the George Runciman restaurant (two AA rosettes).
* Popular wedding venue with a licence for Civil Weddings and Civil Partnerships.
* Good access to the A1(M) motorway and as a result a popular corporate and leisure hotel.
* One hour’s drive from Newcastle city centre and a 50-minute drive from Newcastle International Airport.
* Substantial site of 10 acres offering potential for expansion of the current hotel and / or to carve out a proportion of the site for alternative use subject to planning and other consents.
* Planning permission granted in 2019 for a new wedding venue and 12 associated lodges.
* Many local leisure demand generators including the famous Alnwick Gardens and Castle, a plethora of Golf Courses, the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, the Farne Islands, stunning beaches and the Northumberland National Park as well as the historic town of Berwick.
* Leisure activities including walking trails within the grounds, horse riding in the Northumberland countryside and a number of local golf courses.
* Potential to add a Helicopter landing pad.
Ednam House Hotel – Kelso, Roxburghshire – FOR SALE
In the centre of the historic market town of Kelso and within easy reach of Edinburgh, and Newcastle, Ednam House is ideally positioned to explore the charms of the Scottish Borders. It’s also ideally located to explore the Scottish Borders, the Berwickshire Coast and North
The hotel attracts mature guests and leisure travellers who appreciate the local sites of architectural and historical interest, as well as those who enjoy walking, golfing, horse racing, cycling and country pursuits – notably fishing. The Kelso horse races attract a lot of leisure demand to the area, along with the Borders Events Centre and Floors Castle which makes the hotel a good destination for a few days before heading up “Route 68” to explore.
Though primarily leisure based, the hotel hosts many private meetings and conferences, by virtue of having the largest ballroom in the Borders. Shooting parties, family gatherings and charity events are regularly hosted at the hotel. The riverside location makes Ednam a popular wedding venue too – with ample opportunities for photographs, AA rosette dining and versatile function suites.
* Opportunity to acquire a stunning 17th Century, grade II listed Georgian mansion in a busy town centre location with a stunning riverside setting.
* 33 well-appointed guest rooms adapted and extended over the years to create a stunning wedding / function / events venue in the heart of the thriving market town.
* Located in the centre of historic market town, Kelso, with a long and beautiful frontage on the River Tweed.
* The border of Northumberland National Park is just 30 minutes away; Newcastle International Airport is just 61 miles and Edinburgh Airport 52 miles.
* Set in 2.5 acres of land offering potential for expansion of the current hotel and / or to carve out a proportion of the site for alternative use, subject to planning and other consents.
* Includes a disused stable block for which plans have been drawn up for a further 12 bedrooms.
* The Borders Events Centre and Floors Castle & Gardens (seat of the Duke of Roxburghe) can be seen in the near distance across the famous Junction Pool, revered by fisherman across the world.
* Excellent local leisure demand generators including Kelso Racecourse and Kelso Golf Club.
* Popular wedding venue and extensive conference and events facilities with three function and reception rooms (maximum capacity 200) including the impressive Ballroom suite (the largest in the Borders).
* Well positioned to further capitalise on the leisure market and provides ample hospitality options for conferences and events.
SOLD – Dalhousie Castle – Edinburgh, Midlothian – SOLD
Iconic, Catgeory A listed, property comprising a 13th century castle extended and adapted over the centuries and the ancestral seat of the Ramsay clan. Dalhousie Castle is a magnificent Castle hotel located a short distance from the capital city of Edinburgh – with original sections from the 13th Century. The castle, originally surrounded by a dry moat, sits on a hill overlooking the River Esk. The hotel is an imposing and historic landmark in the area that has been delicately preserved over the centuries.
Set within 11 acres of stunning wooded parkland a mere 8 miles from Edinburgh, the hotel is well placed for guests wanting to enjoy the delights of Scotland’s capital, whilst also being able to enjoy the tranquil countryside.
* 35 individually designed bedrooms.
* Unrivalled location only 8 miles from Edinburgh city centre, 15 miles from Edinburgh airport and 60 miles from Glasgow airport with easy access to the M8 and M74 motorways.
* Excellent food and beverage facilities including The Dungeon restaurant (2 AA Rosettes).
* Substantial site of 17.5 acres offering potential for expansion of the current hotel or to carve out a proportion of the site for alternative uses, subject to planning and other consents.
* Plans for the establishment of 12 separate lodges have also been considered.
* Strong wedding business with a variety of event spaces and a private chapel.
* Strong leisure demand generators – a Spa with external leisure membership and other on-site activities including archery, falconry, in third party ownership and clay pigeon shooting.
* Well positioned to allow a new owner either to drive high end leisure and / or luxury wedding and high end meetings and events.
* The asset will benefit most from strong international demand with its iconic castellated features and unique history as the oldest inhabited Castle in Scotland.
* Dalhousie Castle was ranked by The Times as one of their Best Castle Hotels earlier in 2022.
* Helicopter landing pad.