Hotel for Sale – The Tunbridge Wells Hotel
Christie & Co are pleased to announce the exclusive sale of The Tunbridge Wells Hotel, located in The Pantiles.
A beautiful Grade II Listed Georgian hotel and restaurant, part five storey and three storey building. Containing a bar and restaurant on the ground floor and guest bedrooms on the upper floors.
The building fronts onto The Pantiles, the historic centre of Royal Tunbridge Wells. It has painted rendered elevation with stucco detail. Also, the roof is mansard style with dormer windows and a slate finish, the building protrudes out over The Pantiles to create a covered walkway beneath.
- The business is located in a prominent position in the centre of one of Kent’s highly regarded and afflauent town’s, popular with commuters to London with its excellent road and rail routes.
- Royal Tunbridge Wells has been attracting visitors for over 400 years since the discovery of the Chalybeate Spring in 1606. During the Georgian times, Tunbridge Wells became a well known and popular spa resort for short UK breaks. This popularity remained during the Victorian era and during the 20th Century King Edward VII granted the town its ‘Royal’ status due to the town’s popularity with many royal and aristocratic visitors.
- Prominently located in the famous tourist attraction and shopping area of The Pantiles, the hotel oers easy access to the town’s facilities. Additionally, Tunbridge Wells can be accessed via the A21/A26 trunk roads, the A21 connecting on to the M25 at junction 5, approximately 20 miles away and the A26 runs through to Lewes in East Sussex. There is a main line railway station a short distance from the hotel. Further, oering frequent direct trains to London Charing Cross with journey times of approximately 50 minutes.
- With the main entrance o of The Pantiles, you enter the bar and restaurant area. Having a large bar servery in one corner and a mixture of casual seating, bar side seating and tables. Seating here for up to 85.
- Customer WCs and beer cellar.
- At upper ground/first floor level can be found the fully fitted trade kitchen.
- Two communicating function rooms/additional restaurant areas, with space for up to 42 covers (80/85 standing) and 12 covers respectively. It is considered that these rooms could be converted into additional bedrooms if required.
- Customer WCs.
- The hotel has 20 beautifully styled ensuite bedrooms with a good mix of 15 doubles/twins, two family suites (double bed plus sofa bed), two singles and a honeymoon suite. These bedrooms are located over upper ground/first, second, third and fourth floor levels.
- The business has been under the current stewardship for 11 years and during this time there has been an extensive programme of refurbishment to create one of the nest hotels within the town. The owners have decided to sell as they have a genuine wish to retire.
- A leasehold option may be considered for a credible and experienced operator. The Tunbridge Wells Hotel also lends itself to being an excellent opportunity to a property investor by leasing the property out themselves, and Christie & Co would be more than happy to advise on this if it is of interest.
- For the 12 months ending June 2022, trading data shows a net of VAT turnover of over £1,300,000 with adjusted net prots in excess of £400,000 – 64% of that from food and beverage and 26% from rooms, with the balance from other.
- Formal trading data can be provided to interested parties following a formal viewing.
- Run by a full complement of sta including General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Duty Managers, with the owner only having to take an overseeing role. As such, it could be run by either a hands-on or hands-o owner, or an investor.
- The rateable value for the property from 1 April 2023 is £48,500.
- Regulatory: Premises Licence
For more information regarding the sale, contact Andrew More from Christie & Co UK.