Hotel for Sale – Under Offer
Christies are offering for sale the Torbay Hotel in Torquay, Devon in the UK.
- 111 en-suite bedrooms
- Restaurant, Bar, Ball Room & Cafe
- Prime Marina front location
- Signicant upside
- Staff accommodation. Parking
- Energy Rating 58/C
The property dates from the Victorian period. It is believed to have been originally constructed as a terrace of six houses and was converted to a hotel in 1895. It is constructed of solid brick with rendered and painted elevations and includes some neo-Georgian detail to the entrance porch and windows.
Internal Details of the property
• Hotel entrance leading to reception area, guest lounge and bar
• Restaurant with seating for up to 220
• Second bar lounge with seating for 70
• Ball room/function room with a capacity up to 280
• ‘Bay Cafe’ – separate street entrance, seating 30
• Commercial kitchen
• An indoor swimming pool with changing rooms, games room, balcony seating area and adjacent meeting room
Location of the Torbay Hotel
Torquay is a seaside town in Devon and is famous for its mild climate which earned the town the nickname of the “English Riviera”. It is located some 20 miles south of Exeter and 30 miles east of Plymouth, on the north of Torbay.
Torquay has a resident population of around 65,000 and combined with Paignton, Brixham and Torbay, it has over 130,000 residents. The area has good transport connectivity, the A380 which directly connects to M5 provides excellent transport links to the area, while Torquay and Torre mainline railway station provides good public transport links.
The hotel is located on Torbay road adjacent to the Marina and a short walk with a variety of entertainment facilities including bars & restaurants.
Whilst the hotel is available to acquire on a single asset basis, Christie & Co are selling other hotels across the UK for the same seller. Additional information can be provided on request. Please contact the following for any multi asset enquiries:
Jeremy Jones, Head of Brokerage (email@example.com)
Ed Bellfield, Regional Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)