Hotel for Sale – Under Offer
Christie & Co are offering for sale the Waverley Castle Hotel, located in Melrose, Scotland.
Key Features of the Waverley Castle Hotel
- 79 ensuite bedrooms
- Extensive public areas and gardens
- Popular tourist route location
- Edge of town-Borders General Hospital nearby
- Opportunity to reposition
- EPC rating G (or D under English methodology)
A Victorian era grand listed country house hotel comprising a four storey detached hotel constructed circa 1869.
- Impressive hotel entrance leading to large reception area
- Extensive lounges, Ballroom (120 capacity) and restaurant areas – 133 covers
- Large first floor Function Room / Library – capacity 100
- Attractive lawns / gardens with river access
- Large commercial kitchen
- Large car park to the front of the hotel with additional coach parking
- The site extends to approximately 6.02 acres
Location of the property
Melrose is a well known town in the Scottish Borders, in the county of Roxburghshire with a population of approximately 2,500. The town lies at the feet of the Eildon Hills in the valley of the Tweed river and is a commercial centre as well as an important stop-off on the emerging tourist route “Route 68” which is being promoted by tourism bodies.
The property is located on the outskirts of Melrose town centre, on the banks of the River Tweed and is accessed via the B6374 Waverley Road, which is a busy main road.The immediate surroundings are predominantly woodland and private residential.
Whilst the hotel is available to acquire on a single asset basis, Christie & Co are selling other hotels across the UK for the same seller. Additional information can be provided on request. Please contact the following for any multi asset enquiries:
Jeremy Jones, Head of Brokerage (email@example.com)
Ed Bellfield, Regional Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)